Best shooting out of the box rifle

My vote will have to be for a Tikka. I have a new Tikka T3 heavy barrel varmit stainless with a synthetic stock in a .300 win mag, and my buddy has a Tikka whitetail hunter in a .300 win mag, and it doesn't seem to matter what we chuck thru these guns just about every load shoots not to bad.

I own several 700 remingtons and have shot several senderos that shot well I also have a mod 116SAK savage that shoots as good as any of the before mentioned rifles, not taking anything away from the remingtons just giving credit where it is due... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

You are right Spino my Tikka came with a trigger pull of 2 3/4 pounds, and the bolt is smooth as silk. The sweetest gun I have owned so far.

I have the same experience as Sniper 2. I have multiple 700's and Savages and the latter shoot consistantly better than the 700's out of the box. I like the smoother action feeding in the 700's but for the price you can't beat this kind of accuracy from a stock rifle if you are on any kind of budget. If you can find a Savage 116 SAK you won't find more value for the gun when you consider you are getting a fairly heavy fluted barrell, On-Off muzzle brake, adjustable trigger, and pillar bedding.

I have shot in the .3s with my savage 300 116 SAK and know of another that will shoot even better.I don't know the ratio of good shooter verses bad shooter but feel sure the bad ones out number the good ones...There is some fellow on here that says if they aren't accurate let's make them that way of something to that effect...

My 2 cents are the same as others posted here. Buy the savage, take the rest of your hard earned cash and buy the very best glass you can afford. Dont listen to the nay-sayers about savages being cheap or ugly, the laws of physics dont give a crap about looks , brand loyalty or our pride, the savage just works!!!!

Cdog.

My vote is for the Savage. Im not sure but I think that savage quit chambering the .300 RUM but I have a new 110 action in .300 RUM I guess it was one of the last around to be had I converted the bolt face to .338 Lapua as a project gun but have run out of time and money for a while if anyone is interested in it email me at [email protected] it does have the accutrigger

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts