Rifle Stock Painting

DIY is suer easy. Textured spray paint.

Attachments

• C797E3BA-65ED-4D18-AA9C-80FE5C61A9F2.jpeg
    C797E3BA-65ED-4D18-AA9C-80FE5C61A9F2.jpeg
    432.7 KB · Views: 76
Paint it yourself. Lots of videos out there. We've painted a few stocks for friends. They were the black plastic synthetics and the owners were young not able to afford an upgrade. The key was a plastic primer, paint of choice and several coats of a matte clear to protect it. Paint will chip off without the primer and the clear. Good luck

Paint it yourself. Lots of videos out there. We've painted a few stocks for friends. They were the black plastic synthetics and the owners were young not able to afford an upgrade. The key was a plastic primer, paint of choice and several coats of a matte clear to protect it. Paint will chip off without the primer and the clear. Good luck
Exactly. Sand it down and get all the oil off. Spray with a good primer then multiple coats of flat paint. Make sure you follow label and allow to dry very well, multiple days between coats. Then throw on the texture paint. A couple coats of flat clear coat and you're ready!

Y'all have talked me into doing it myself……thanks for all the great advice. I really appreciate it
Let us know if you have any questions. I used the ultra flat paint at Walmart. It took me like 3 weeks to finish because I gave each coat plenty of time to cure. I think the can said 3 days maybe? Don't rush it. It's really easy and fun!