Rifle Rebarrel *PICS*

Tikkamike

I just got my 375 RUM back from being rebarreled by Brian owner of Shoot-Long | Long Range Rifles, Long Range Shooting Rifle was just a Stainless BDL in 375 rum but the barrel was horribly rough and fouled quickly and was very hard to clean. So I sent it to brian and he put a Fluted #5 Benchmark 10 twist 5R rifling finishing at 28" and a .750 CSR brake on it. The bolt is a Spiral Fluted from PTG with a speedlock firing pin assembly. Timney Trigger and Wyatts extended magazine box, The fit and Finish are pretty much as close to perfect as you can get.. This is the second rifle I have had Brian build, the first was a 375 ruger for my dads alaska brown bear hunt and that rifle shoots very well. I expect this one to do the same.

Mike im a sucker for the RUMs. Thats sexy. Im interested in your results. Are gou gonna be using 350gr smk's in that at all. I just got rid of 375 rum brass and now regreting it. now im itching to do a build up.

Chuck. No I won't be shooting SmK's ...at least that's not tue plan. 270 tsx are what I was shooting and plan to continue. Might try some heavy CE's at some point

Nice rifle. I Just got done building a .416-.375 RUM for my new guide companion. I love how your wood looks, but unfortunately I needed something a little more salt resistant and went with fiberglass. I bet the 300 and 320 grain CE bullets would shine for the long rang game coming out of your 28" tube with some H-1000 filling the case. Whatever you feed it it will be a hammer.

Reuben

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.