Rifle build

I would recomend looking for a good used Remingtion Sendero to start with.

They have good actions ,barrels and stocks, and you should be able to pick
one up for arround $800.oo .

If it doesent shoot to your expectations then all you have to do is have a new
barrel screwed on in a caliber of your choice.

Most stocks on the sendero were HS Precision but if you can find one they used
to put a laminate stock on them and it was very nice and looked great , plus
the stock has a large barrel channel and heavy forend that will except a heavy
custom barrel if you want to change barrels.

These rifles have all of the parts to make a good all round rifle and most will shoot
right out of the box and they make a good foundation to build a custom on.

J E CUSTOM

I think that is great advise JE the remington sendero is a great start to a custom rig. I have owned several of them, they all shot very good with some pet loads. Also if they make it they make it for a remington you cant say that about to many actions. Get a remmy look at custom actions I dont see one of them with ajustable headspace. just my take on it. Hope it helps.

this is a long range hunting site, and i assume the rifle would be used for that purpose.
ive been involved in that activity for about 40 years with both factory and custom built rifles.
in my opinion, with the quality factory offerings we now have available, there is little need for a custom rifle for most or us.
as suggested, the remington sendero would be an excellant choice. ive never seen a poor shooting sendero.

also, dont get the impression a nightforce scope is essential for long range hunting, because it certainly isnt.
i loaned my grandson one of my straight 12x leupolds w/target knobs to put on his 7mm ultra mag sendero about 4 years ago.
it dosent appear as though its coming back.
they can be bought on ebay for about $400.
so with $800 for the gun, and $400 for a quality scope, youve got an outfit i guarantee you'll be happy with. i know my grandson is.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.