Results of the WI Marv Bohman mem. 600 yard shoot

Coyboy

Well Saturday turned out to be a good weather day, The morning started with zuba (Matt) and his friend Ryan coming to my place, to zero at 600 with there handguns. We all did a little shooting then went to the shop to kill an hour.

Luckylar (Larry) and his son came down from Tomahawk, to observe the shoot, and I told them they didn't come all that way to watch! So they each picked one of my rifles to shoot and signed up.

As the day progressed and shooters took their turns on the shoot tower, the wind was light and varied from 0 up to 6 or 7 mph. When my turn came with the 243ai the wind was still and I broke a clean shot, Larry picked the 243ai to shoot and followed me. Up until this day I think Larry mentioned he had never shot much over 100 yards.

After the shooters finished the target board is brought up from the 600 yard bunker by the 2 scorers.

We had 47 shooters and a total of 92 shots taken, 13 bullets hit the 6" orange sticky on the center of a paper covered 4x8 sheet of osb.

Larry managed to put his bullet one inch low of the exact center for a 4 th place finish, which everyone agreed was quite a feat, for the newest long ranger.
My new 260 rem with the Brux barrel I am so fond of placed 5th.
Ed one of the local guys and typically one of the high finishers placed a 69 gr bullet out of an AR in 2nd place while taking his shot during the windyier part of the day.
And by the grace of the wind gods I managed to put my 243ai bullet about a 1/4" out of dead center.

This was the first time I placed 1st in one of these shoots, and I couldn't have been more tickled to win this shoot. Marv was a gun shop owner and excellent gunsmith, who I enjoyed as a patron of his, and a friend.

Well cowboy, consider it a personal favor that I didn't come up to take the first place away from ya! (ya that's sarcasm lol!) Good job!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.