"Limited firearms" hunting areas of Michigan? WI and IN recently changed?

engineer40

I heard that a couple years ago WI got rid of their "shotgun" zone and allow rifles for deer hunting...

And I believe as of last year, you can hunt with rifles in the entire state of IN also.

Now, remembering back, I think Indiana also was before Michigan to allow straight walled cartridges for deer hunting. Michigan eventually followed suit. It makes me wonder if MI will also eventually dump the "limited firearms" zone and just let us use rifles?

I for one would be in favor of allowing rifles for the entire state of Michigan. But I am a responsible hunter and that's where I'm drawing my opinion from.

It does seem like our State is favoring more rights for hunters. The already mentioned straight walled cartridges. And now we can also hunt with suppressors. Could allowing rifles be next?

Have you guys heard any rumors that MI may follow suit once again and consider allowing us to use rifles anywhere in the state?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.