Wisconsinites, 600 yard cold bore shoot.

Coyboy

Saturday March 7th is the annual Marv Bohman Memorial shoot at the fox trackers range.

Rules, $10 a shot 100% payback. You fire one bullet at a 600 yard target, you can shoot more than one gun, but only once each gun, you can shoot your buddies gun as well,(if he gives you a bullet) When all shooters have fired the score keepers return the board. Closest to center wins payout places depends on numbers of shots.

Food and refresments will be served. Registation starts at 11 am. no practice the day of shoot.

Location; aprox 8 miles N of Pittsville on cnty A. Turn east on Fox lane, club house and range at the end of the road (dead end)

Or aprox 6 miles South of Marshfield on cnty A east on Fox ln.

Any questions can be asked here or pm me.

Last edited:
Oh boy!! That's tempting... 5 hour drive for me. Not bragging, I wouldn't expect to come close to winning, but I think it would be fun! Better start loading up and getting sighted in w/ my 300 this weekend just in case I decide to go!

Britz, If you miss this one th RR ranch will be holding one in April that will be both 600 and 880 yards. I'll post it up when they set a date.

britz, The River Ranch is one mile north and west of the fox trackers. As your comming up or down cnty A you will hit a little intersection with a bar, ball diamond, a fire dept and a lawn mower repair shop. From there go 1/2 mile west and the River Ranch is on the south side of the road. They do pheasant hunts as well, on about 600 acres.

Matt if your comming up let me know you can meet me at the shop in the am and follow me there, less than 10 miles from the shop.

I'm new to the long range accuracy thing and this forum. Ive never been to a cold bore shoot or any other range shoot. I would like to come and see what it is all about. Are spectators welcome? I live near Tomahawk on HY 8 so it would only be a couple of hours away.

I should be there, My buddy is going to come along. We will be shooting pistols if thats ok. We are going to try to trick a few yotes by Niellsville on friday night(almost full moon). Are people shooting of bi-pod and bags?
Luckylar, I would call Jim if you are interested. He is a nice guy and his shop contact info is on his website.

I'm new to the long range accuracy thing and this forum. Ive never been to a cold bore shoot or any other range shoot. I would like to come and see what it is all about. Are spectators welcome? I live near Tomahawk on HY 8 so it would only be a couple of hours away.

Luckylar, Yes spectators are welcome, The fox trackers have a heated clubhouse so if the weather turns you can watch from inside as well. If you do come and want to shot you are more than welcome to take a poke with one of my rifles. I zeroed them in today and things looked excellent. The little 260 rem shot a 2" 3 shot group on the 600 yard practice board today, but that really means nothing if the wind decides to blow on Saturday.

I should be there, My buddy is going to come along. We will be shooting pistols if thats ok. We are going to try to trick a few yotes by Niellsville on friday night(almost full moon). Are people shooting of bi-pod and bags?
Luckylar, I would call Jim if you are interested. He is a nice guy and his shop contact info is on his website.

Matt, great I hope to see you there. We have snow now but it might be gone by Friday. The weather man is calling for 30-40 by mid-week.

The shoot station is an elevated platform with a heavy bench. Sandbags are there for everyone to use. some guys do shoot off of bipods. Them pistols will be great Matt, give the guys somthing to ogle. If you need to get a 600 yard zero before the shoot you could stop at my place on hwy 73 and shoot on my 600 yard range. Give me a pm and we can set up a time and directions if you want.

Guys who are comming, To best be preparred zero you gun at 600 yards. Print off a chart with your wind drift data, so you can use it as you prepare to shoot. You are not timed so if you take a few minutes to monitor the wind and dope it correctly, no one will get excited. This shoot like most around here is about shootin' guns and havin' fun. The target is at 600 yards but at about a 3-5 degree downhill angle.

Last edited:
I'll give you a call tomorrow Jim. I think I will take you up on that sight-in, I havent shot past 200 yards since November...

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.