Remington's "LTD" series

fireroad

A fews months back I was looking for an M700 in 260 Remington and stumbled on a NIB 700 Limited for a great price. The "limited" series is basically a CDL SF with some nice engraving on the floorplate. Every year they pick one caliber and run off a limited number of them.It' a pretty nice rifle, nothing super fancy, but I haven't got to shoot it yet as I have been busy working up new loads for my other rifles. A buddy of mine is a remington collector and stopped over the other day. I showed him the rifle and he told me not to shoot it, but to keep it in the box and stick it in the closet as an investment. I bulked as I am a rifle shooter, not a rifle collector.

For those that have bought a 700 limited series, are you storing yours or are you shooting it?

if you check the sale sites and gun shows, the "limited" and "classic" series Rem's don't demand a very high preimium ove rthe std. BDL's, unless an extremely odd/unusuall cal. So, if you like it shoot it.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.