Remington Sendero. Is it worth it?

So I have been looking around for a good long range hunting rifle for (500yards-1000yards) and I came across a Remington 700 Sendero in 338 RUM from a family friend. Anyone have any insight or personal experience on this rifle? Do they shoot under or close to 1 moa? Any feedback is helpful thanks.

Good rifle, not fond of the cartridge unless your into pain, it's there because of recoil and shooting expense for sure, but it'll bang steel and penetrate rib cages ! Adjust the trigger pull, clean er' up, pick a long sleek heavy bullet, search for brass, sit at the bench with a sandbag in between your shoulder and the gun and let her loose...hopefully your scope has enough clicks in it...you might bargain the price way down, more than you ever thought if the dealers wants to unload it once and for all, back out and see if he drops the price a ton..you might be surprised !

So I have been looking around for a good long range hunting rifle for (500yards-1000yards) and I came across a Remington 700 Sendero in 338 RUM from a family friend. Anyone have any insight or personal experience on this rifle? Do they shoot under or close to 1 moa? Any feedback is helpful thanks.
Never owned a sendero but have done a ton of research on them. From what I have read, they tend to be accurate...but there have been some lemon reports. The cartridge is not a popular one so finding ammo could be tricky. Reloading is where it's at but again, brass can be hard to find as well. If you are planning on doing a lot of shooting with it...id say probably look for a different cartridge unless you reload and can find a good amount of brass. if you can get the gun dirt cheap...I say go for it.

You will be able to find brass for it and once you have a 100 pieces you're good to go for awhile. With a muzzle brake and a bedding job...and most likely a new trigger that sucker will work well for long range shooting. But you will need a brake unless you are immune to recoil.

I don't own anything in .338 anymore, but I do have quite a few Senderos, and can tell you, they're all accurate. With handloads, all of mine shoot well under 1 MOA, most around 1/2 MOA, and some better than that.

Thanks for all the feedback. I will be reloading for the .338 and will be buying 100 brass when I buy the rifle . Again thanks for all the feedback back

I'd buy an aftermarket trigger and bed it (at least the lug area). Muzzle brakes are great. I'd recommend a side port to avoid blowing dirt, rocks, etc. in your face. I also find less noise makes it to the shooter. Not saying they're quieter, just that the blast goes a little more sideways. Everyone else will still get the full effect of the blast, so skip the public ranges, if you can.

These guys are producing 338 RUM brass. I just ordered some 300 Win brass from them to test out (shipping today). They produce brass for OEM's. I just spoke with them this morning. They were/are making brass for SIG, specifically, the 300 WIN).

Product list and price sheet here:
http://www.atlasdg.com/index.cfm/ID/2/BrassCartridgeCases/

Disclaimer: I have zero affiliation or financial interest in the company.

I've got one in 300 win mag and like the action and stock. Trigger does leave something to be desired.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.