Quickload software. is it worth it?

odoylerules

I've read about the software but haven't really felt i needed it till now. Those that have it, do you think it's worth it? It's really expensive for software.
I'm trying to find a suitable powder for my 338 terminator. I know N570 is the top velocity powder, but it's stupid hard to come across.

I've had it since 2009 , I wouldn't want to be without it . I don't buy books since I have quickload . the initial purchase is expensive , but updates are reasonable $15 or $20 .

I totally agree with both of the above statements. It's helped me find good starting points and given me good suggestions on powders. It also helped me in deciding if a longer barrel was worth it for a couple of my rebarrel jobs. I love the software. A combination of using Optimum Barrel Time and a chronograph along with Quickload is very useful

I've read about the software but haven't really felt i needed it till now. Those that have it, do you think it's worth it? It's really expensive for software.
I'm trying to find a suitable powder for my 338 terminator. I know N570 is the top velocity powder, but it's stupid hard to come across.
Have you tried Retumbo,H1000, IMR 8133?
Not not a big fan of RL33

i like it very useful
keep a loge of every thing toy add( yes you can add.)
BECAUSE
updates wipe your data slick

I have had this program for years, it's very accurate and it has helped me with working up loads for hunting. Well worth in my opinion.

I have had solid results with H1000 in .338 lapua. Unless you are looking to load for multiple calibers I can't see where the program would be worth it. Look up load data .com. For 39.00 it has over 300,000 loads for virtually every bullet manufacturer and update their lists almost daily as new loads are developed. It is the cheapest best place to start as far as I am concerned. Give it a look

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.