Remington Long Range vs Sender SFII?

Deerhntr71

Which would everyone pick? The Long Range has a Bell & Carlson stock and the Sender has a HS Precision. The Sender is 1\2 pound lighter and smoother action. Which would be better?

Which would everyone pick? The Long Range has a Bell & Carlson stock and the Sender has a HS Precision. The Sender is 1\2 pound lighter and smoother action. Which would be better?

My preference, and what I've built my rifles on, are the Sendero II and VSSF II. Have 3 Sendero II rifles, and 2 VSSF II's. All have been blueprinted, trued and recoil lugs pinned and replaced with Tubb.250" tapered recoil lugs. They are all switch barrel rifles and stainless.
I haven't seen the new Long Range, but I have a couple of Bell and Carlson stocks that I'm not really happy with. I prefer HS Precision stocks myself. This alone is reason enough for me to pass on the Long Range.

Cheers.
gun)

I looked at a Long Range and have held several Sendero's. For hunting, Sendero all the way. The Long Range did not really seem like something I would want to hunt with. I liked the Savage LRH a lot more. You really never hear of many complaints about the Senderos.

the long range feels a bit like a sendero gen 1 to me. My brother has one in 300rum and it shoots just fine, with decent loads at a steady 1/2 moa. It's basically stock preference and whether you like blued or stainless imo...

i have several senderos. i do not have a long range yet. while the long range is heavier. weight is an advantage for long range precision. i like the higher comb on the long range also.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.