Remington Custom Shop Questions??

skookum

I'm checked out the custom shop, i really liked the AWR II and was wondering who has had experience with this line. They are a little vague, sounds like they are great quality but i was curious about the price and what their MOA garauntee is. I called, had to leave a message. I had to leave my email because i dont have a reliable phone over here in the 'stan. If they get into custom shop prices i'll look elsewhere, if anyone knows of a custom shop that builds hunting rifles for around or under $3000 i'm all ears. Anyways i appreciate the input.gun)

I own a custom shop mountain rifle. I took it to a certified remington smith back in 98
to have it bedded and the throat lengthened a hair. When I told him it was a custom
shop rifle he said, " That could be good, or not so good." Not a ringing endorsement.

I have had a few Remington Custom shop rifles. I currently have a 7mm Mag and a 25-06 model 700C that I've owned for many years. They are nice guns but I don't think they compare to some of the custom guns I've seen.

I was wondering about that, I appreciate the input. What is the price range on these rifles? I'm not looking for anything flashy but i liked the rifle.

Current retail on a 700C Custom is around $3500. If you like that AWR rifle, I wouldn't be one to discourage you from buying it. If you have a gunsmith build you one just like it, you'll have around that in it. When I said they didn't compare to some custom guns I've seen, I wasn't limiting it to those in that price range. I would suggest you shop around some internet auction sites. I've seen some for a lot less than retail.

Thanks for the input Edd, I have a couple months yet before i will be putting any kind of mney down. I like the idea if building my own but to get an honest idea of what it will cost will have to take a trip to a gunsmith and see how much head spacing on a barrel, getting a stock bedded, etc is going to cost.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.