remington custom shop sendero

roninflag

i picked up a 2010 remington brochure/catalog. page 46 and 47 ( and 48 and 49) has their custom shop stuff. there is a picture of a sendero from the custom shop. immediately caused my throat to get dry and my eyes misty.

this iS A custom shop sendero . the others are in the "regular rifle section in the front". it says blue printed action and 40x trigger. premium custom design stock. i tried to go to remingtoncustom.com; to find calibers and spec but i can't see it there. need to e-mail remington

I know the purpose of this thread is to bring out Remington lovers for a praise-fest.
I know it ain't what you wanna hear..
But most any shelf Savage would whip the snot outta Remington's 'best'. If not immediately, then with a 10minute barrel & bolt head swap..
And you wouldn't have to put up with a big-whoopty-doopty/antique 3lb trigger pull!

You should be wondering why Remington hasn't improved one thing, in our lifetimes.
They can't even catch up with the aftermarket -for their own guns!

It's a shame to reward this

It's a shame to reward this

Talk about raining on the parade! :)

I've never owned a Savage. I'm 55 now and when I was in my 20s they were considered the equivalent of Tinker Toys. But I've read a lot of good about them over the past 7 years so they must have really kicked their research and development section in the butt some time during the past 35 years.

Well I admit that I just don't like many factory gunbuilders.
IMO, there are too many of them, and this dilutes the market to the point of 'unprofitable' for those who would otherwise build better guns today.
With this, I flat out despise Remington, Remington clones, and thousands of gunsmiths building 'custom guns' out of pawnshop Remington parts.
Gunshop shelves are full of this garbage...

On the flipside, Savage has actually put efforts into meeting end-user needs. Their guns have improved so much that all their innovations can no longer be denied.
This takes effort, and Savage should be rewarded for it.

I don't hold either right now, and bring mention only for contrast. I see so much junk on American shelves now, and the only way it's gonna improve is for customers to make it so.
I say pick something special and let Remingtons rot on the shelf. If enough people did this gunshop inventories would change, and soon every lazy gunbuilder would consider customer needs or fade out of our way(as they should).
Which is better? A giant displacing our market with crap? Or Customers driving advancements in their endeavors?

Savage?? Come on now..You can't hardly give away a savage around here.Remington 700 is a much nicer rifle all day every day.The 2 I have right now shoot 5 shots into 3/4 inch and better with no work on them. Not even a trigger job. If you like the feel of a cheapo rifle yeh savage is in the lead.

Savage?? Come on now..You can't hardly give away a savage around here.Remington 700 is a much nicer rifle all day every day.The 2 I have right now shoot 5 shots into 3/4 inch and better with no work on them. Not even a trigger job. If you like the feel of a cheapo rifle yeh savage is in the lead.

Now Now Highridge1 don't you know that when MikeCR speaks we ahould all fall to our knees and thank him for the knowledge that he is imparting upon us know nothing Peons?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.