Remington Custom Shop

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by ronaldlee, Mar 22, 2012.

1. ronaldlee

ronaldlee New Member

I would like to know if the rifles sold out of the Remington custom shop have premium barrels or the same barrels as their standard line.
    Thanks for any information, Ron

2. Nimrodmar10

Nimrodmar10 Well-Known Member

It's the Remington CUSTOM Shop. Of course they use custom grade barrels. Take a look at
    Custom Shop

3. Rimfire

Rimfire Well-Known Member

Some do some don't, I was advised by the custom shop my 338 APR had a hand selected / inspected barrel on it. Last one I would ever buy, worst of all the 700's I've ever owned.
    - action canted in stock
    -crown sucked
    -bedding sucked looked like a smashed jelly bean pulled it out with pliers
    -trigger sucked I had to tune it
    -Bolt hit the stock and didn't close all the way
    -Would not do custom long length of pull had to add spacers
    -extractor failed on the third shot
    My experience was less than good, and I hope i just got the one in a million and not the norm. Less than a good situation just a few months before africa. My trusty Sendero went with me.

Be curious to hear other experience

4. ronaldlee

ronaldlee New Member

I have looked over their web site many times and for the most part what I see is fancy engraving nice wood and they do mention action and trigger work, but don't really say they use premium barrels. Maybe I missed something. Of course!

5. mtnwrunner

mtnwrunner Well-Known Member

Well, I sent my Remington Custom .338 KS into Hill Country Rifle for their accurizing job----now its custom.

Randy