Remington Custom Shop Questions??

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by skookum, Dec 17, 2011.

1. skookum

skookum Well-Known Member

I'm checked out the custom shop, i really liked the AWR II and was wondering who has had experience with this line. They are a little vague, sounds like they are great quality but i was curious about the price and what their MOA garauntee is. I called, had to leave a message. I had to leave my email because i dont have a reliable phone over here in the 'stan. If they get into custom shop prices i'll look elsewhere, if anyone knows of a custom shop that builds hunting rifles for around or under $3000 i'm all ears. Anyways i appreciate the input.gun)

2. NomadPilot

NomadPilot Well-Known Member

3. Loner

Loner Well-Known Member

I own a custom shop mountain rifle. I took it to a certified remington smith back in 98
    to have it bedded and the throat lengthened a hair. When I told him it was a custom
    shop rifle he said, " That could be good, or not so good." Not a ringing endorsement.

4. Edd

Edd Well-Known Member

I have had a few Remington Custom shop rifles. I currently have a 7mm Mag and a 25-06 model 700C that I've owned for many years. They are nice guns but I don't think they compare to some of the custom guns I've seen.

5. skookum

I was wondering about that, I appreciate the input. What is the price range on these rifles? I'm not looking for anything flashy but i liked the rifle.

6. Edd

Edd Well-Known Member

Current retail on a 700C Custom is around $3500. If you like that AWR rifle, I wouldn't be one to discourage you from buying it. If you have a gunsmith build you one just like it, you'll have around that in it. When I said they didn't compare to some custom guns I've seen, I wasn't limiting it to those in that price range. I would suggest you shop around some internet auction sites. I've seen some for a lot less than retail.

7. skookum

Thanks for the input Edd, I have a couple months yet before i will be putting any kind of mney down. I like the idea if building my own but to get an honest idea of what it will cost will have to take a trip to a gunsmith and see how much head spacing on a barrel, getting a stock bedded, etc is going to cost.