• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Remington Custom Shop Mountain Rifle

Timnterra

I bought this rifle used with the intent of using the stock and action for a build, but it is a nice rifle as is so I am listing it for sale instead. If it doesn't sell I'll pull it apart and build a custom. The rifle is a Remington 700 custom shop mountain rifle chambered in 338 win mag with the McMillan mountain hunter stock and a light weight barrel profile. This rifle is light weight I'll weigh and post weight later. The rifle has a radial muzzle brake and is bedded in the recoil lug area. I have not fired the rifle and don't know the round count because I bought it used at the local gun shop. From the very light wear on the bolt-face and locking lugs, I would assume there have not been many rounds fired. I'll take pictures and upload them later when I get an opportunity. I'm asking $1,100 shipped and insured to your FFL.
Thanks
Tim

Attachments

• 9B966EA1-2BEA-4527-A457-E34CABA4F4C8.jpeg
    9B966EA1-2BEA-4527-A457-E34CABA4F4C8.jpeg
    713.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 74B6185C-797B-49B6-BD98-AA1337E0D12D.jpeg
    74B6185C-797B-49B6-BD98-AA1337E0D12D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 100
  • 230CFB92-999D-48C1-AA30-0074F16E1CCB.jpeg
    230CFB92-999D-48C1-AA30-0074F16E1CCB.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 95
  • 94B455A6-9E8A-495F-8ADA-91DD1578648E.jpeg
    94B455A6-9E8A-495F-8ADA-91DD1578648E.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 83
  • 31D00658-462D-48A7-9D61-58EAE6964196.jpeg
    31D00658-462D-48A7-9D61-58EAE6964196.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:
What part of "You must post photos of your items" do you people not get? Maybe if they did pull the adds like they say they will do, this forum wouldn't be full of "For sale threads". Which is all it is turning out to be.

Thanks for being the forum police, everyone appreciates what you have to say. If you don't enjoy the classified section of the board then why are you reading and complaining in it? Your comment is useless please keep it to yourself.
What part of "You must post photos of your items" do you people not get? Maybe if they did pull the adds like they say they will do, this forum wouldn't be full of "For sale threads". Which is all it is turning out to be.

The reason the rule exists is because scammers who pretend to sell an item that they don't even own. If you read my post I said I would take pictures and upload them when I had a chance to do that. I've been contributing to this forum for 8 years and I've bought and sold a lot of stuff in these classifieds and you are he first person self-righteous enough to complain about having to wait a day to have pictures uploaded for an item you are not even interested in buying.

I'm not interested in buying what you have. It is just that when you click on the forum to open it more than half of the recent posts are "for sale" posts. The bottom half is of the classified nature. When most can't follow the forum rules, who is policing this as you say. Len has let this turn in to a free Gunbroker site, sad to say the least. Very little info to be gleaned from this site without having to go through all of the "for sale" BS. The classified listings should go to the classifieds and not even be on the opening page. If you are looking for something to buy or for sale, click on the "Classifieds" and open that. The for sale stuff should not be thrown in your face as soon as you click on the forum.

That seems more like a complaint (valid, as there are many for sale adds) that should go to the site owner, that could possibly fix the issue, not a forum member that cannot. Unfortunately if you don't like the for sale/trade, ect. threads, you simply must not look at them.

Tim, you can delete messages on your own thread. Go ahead and delete the ones that don't contribute to your sale.

Last edited:
Not sure why the complaints about the "for sale bs" as stated. When you go the the home page and it opens there is nothing about "for sale" or "classified". From there you can navigate to where you want. I view everything from my IPad and have no issues with a over abundance of for sale and classifieds. Anyways.....

Somebody has had their Cheerios pis sed in... some have nothing better to do than 😭 about what others enjoy in their own right.
If you don't like the classified section, stay out of it. Nobody needs another smart mouth whining and complaining on another gun site about content that they "don't like". At the moment he didn't have all of the requirements to make his ad complete but went back and finished when he had the opportunity... correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that's one of the reasons there's an easily accessible edit button at the bottom of each of the ads you post. Nobody's perfect but don't go to a site where things are being sold and complain about seeing ads with things for sale. What's the point? If you don't like it, don't look.