Remington 600 .350 mag

I have owned 600's in .308 and 6mm and both were excellent shooters. I eventually changed the 6 Rem to a 7-08 with a Hart stainless barrel and I still have it. I found the triggers hard to replace and to work on and the stocks are terrible and even harder to replace. I finally custom built one of my own. I changed the bolt handles on both of mine. Having one with a magnum bolt face would be a fun challenge. I think I would end up with one of the short mags, probably the 325, and at least a 22 in. barrel.

350 rem mag is a great cartridge that never really caught on. Same ballistics as a 35 whelen. Brass is hard to find and expensive when you do. Can be formed from other belted magnum brass but is a real process so if you value your time... I might pick up a 600 or 660 if I ever come across a deal as im alerady set up for the hassle. Honestly if my 350 wasn't left to me from my father I would have rebarreled it long ago and grabbed another rifle in 35 whelen as I really do think the power level is quite versatile.

The recoil is there. It's a light gun with a plastic recoil pad. To me it kicks harder than any 300wby I've ever shot unbraked. Do get the gun they are cool and handy. Put a decelerator pad on it.
Shep

this is a great rifle for the people who need a short handy rifle.. I have friends in alaska who are bush pilots and this is their carry rifle- it is short-handy and packs a punch the same a the 35 whelen.. can handle 200-225-250 275 bullets.. It is not a target rifle-but can stop a big brown bear in it tracks. great in bush airplanes..

I had one many years ago. It was a great PA deer rifle. Recoil with 200 gr. Hornady RN was not bad. 200 gr. Remington pointed shot one hole at 100 yds. for 3 shots. I shot a deer with the 250 factory loads at 80 yds. but they penciled thru. My brother in law shot his largest buck at 200 yds. with it. I used to take it to the range and people would gather around to see the recoil. They would be amazed to look at the target at 100 yds. and it was one hole. I have owned about 100 rifles in my lifetime and this was one of the most accurate.

Ok, you have gotten me interested enough to ask for pictures so I can see it better. I do have a friend that lives nearby the rifle so I can get some good eyes on from him. The price will have to be really good to offset a transfer, shipment and insurance. He also wasn't sure if the stock was polymer, wood or laminate. If I get some pics, I will post up for look see.

The 600 also came as the xp100 pistol, that are very accurate to to shoot. Looking for a stock in 600. Any one have one?

Anyone know how to post short videos? I have two videos of us shooting an M600 Mohawk in .308 and the M600 .350RM. I know videos can only do so much, but it'll at least show some idea of recoil!

I have owned 600's in .308 and 6mm and both were excellent shooters. I eventually changed the 6 Rem to a 7-08 with a Hart stainless barrel and I still have it. I found the triggers hard to replace and to work on and the stocks are terrible and even harder to replace. I finally custom built one of my own. I changed the bolt handles on both of mine. Having one with a magnum bolt face would be a fun challenge. I think I would end up with one of the short mags, probably the 325, and at least a 22 in. barrel.
I have a Model 700 in .350, it a great cartridge. It does let you know when the trigger is pulled! Accurate and easy to load. I would not feel under gunned, with even the largest North American game animals.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.