Remainder GI Bill for Shooting School?

crowsnest2002

Well I'm almost finished with my bachelors at the local school and I've been thinking about what I want to do with the couple months of GI Bill I'll have left. I opted for the post 911 which has been great for paying the bills in combination with work. So I looked into shooting schools in and around my area and came up with Storm Mountain down in West Virginia. I emailed them in regards to using my GI bill for their training. I dont know if the school needs to be certified or what.

So my question is, has anyone on here attempted to do this? Also when using your gi bill for a certification school, what do they pay? Expenses, equipment? Just figured I'd check.

Barry

I attached the letter for reference if anyone is interested

Attachments

• Student_Letter_PL_111-377.pdf
    495.3 KB · Views: 14
It will not work school has to be accredited. just take some more classes

This is the part that gets me then:

Students can use Post-911 1 GI Bill benefits for non-college degree programs such as on-the-job training, flight school programs [other than a private pilot license), apprenticeship training, correspondence courses, and other programs offered at non-degree schools (effective October 1,2011)

I have 30 months left on mine (have two Master's already, was hoping to pass it on to my dependents before my retirement). There are so many changes in the Post 911 GI Bill, IIRC there was another change after 1 Oct 2011. If you're near a base, check with the Base Education office for the latest and greatest.

Good luck!

Ed

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.