Remage/Savage build

280 AI. Criterion sporter BC stock Timney trigger. Northland shooters is the place to get everything you need. That and a good barrel vice and your set. I have also done a 7mag and 7/08 Remage for son grandson.

Attachments

• IMG_8375.png
    IMG_8375.png
    436 KB · Views: 23
Here's my 28 Nosler just after I got it finished sitting next to a Browning A-Bolt II for size comparison. I don't take enough pictures, especially don't take many of my guns.

Specs;
Savage LA magnum
Northland Shooters Supply recoil lug
PTG barrel nut
Proof 26" pre-fit barrel with 1:8T in 28 Nosler
Muzzle Brakes and More Ti Beast II
Timney trigger
Bell and Carlson sporter stock
PTG AICS bottom metal w/ accurate magazine.
It is also now wearing a Vortex Razor HD AMG 6-24x50.
61956480354__5F7D053C-7FCC-45AB-9507-EB177485431B.jpeg

Last edited:
280 AI. Criterion sporter BC stock Timney trigger. Northland shooters is the place to get everything you need. That and a good barrel vice and you're set. I have also done a 7mag and 7/08 Remage for son grand
Here's my 28 Nosler just after I got it finished sitting next to a Browning A-Bolt II for size comparison. I don't take enough pictures, especially don't take many of my guns. View attachment 570202
What's the build details?

280 AI. Criterion sporter BC stock Timney trigger. Northland shooters is the place to get everything you need. That and a good barrel vice and your set. I have also done a 7mag and 7/08 Remage for son grandson.
Perfect deer gun I'd bet

If you decide on a Shilen and the first few groups look like a shotgun load, don't give up on it. I had a 300 WSM Shilen that wouldn't group under 1 1/2" for the first 80 or so shots so I took it back to Mark Brown at Brown Precision. He inspected it and said he couldn't find anything wrong with the barrel so I took it back and shot it some more. At about the 125 round total groups now averaged under 1 1/4" so I continued to shoot it more. From about 200 + rounds, it got under an inch and after 300 rounds I was getting a lot of 1/2" five shot groups and all groups stayed under 3/4". I didn't expect this from a Match, frozen barrel, but it happens!!

All three I have done with Criterion barrels. 2/3 shoot about 1/2 moa. The 7/08 is hanging around moa so far but probably has about 75 rounds down the pipe. I need to do some more load work ups just havent had time.

I recently put together this remage in .223 with a Patriot Valley Arms stainless, threaded 7 twist barrel as a range gun. It shoots better than me.

I have a 700 action in 30-06 that I'm thinking of re-barreling in 280, already have the mcmillan stock for it.

Attachments

• Remage.jpg
    Remage.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 16

Recent Posts