REM 700 pre fit on defiance action

nwhite2

Might be a silly question but from my understanding the defiance has rem thread diameter and thread pitch. Would it be possible to use a rem 700 pre fit on a defiance or would it need a little work to fit?

Some of the defiance are guaranteed headspace, a proper rem 700 pre fit would work.
Copy that, just wondering cuz I've been struggling to find a 26 inch carbon prefit for 28 nos but I found a Christensen rem 700 pre fit and was curious if it'd work. Thanks!

Depends what extractor the Defiance has. Even though the threads are the same as a 700 it may not work on the Defiance. I also believe the Christensen's aren't necessarily a true "prefit", I think they are short chambered and need final headspace set by a gunsmith.

Depends what extractor the Defiance has. Even though the threads are the same as a 700 it may not work on the Defiance. I also believe the Christensen's aren't necessarily a true "prefit", I think they are short chambered and need final headspace set by a gunsmith.
Good to know. Thanks

If you want a true pre-fit for a defiance take a look at preferred barrel blanks they offer them and have carbon wrap as well

I'd be careful. I have a tenacity and a deviant. Barrel won't screw onto each. It wasn't a prefit though.