Pre fit muzzle brakes?

bankbum

I want to get a muzzle brake put on my tikka 7mm mag. I haven't quite decided on port style. I am more interested in finding a company that makes one as close to the factory contour as possible. Or if there is a style I can get that I dont have to get set by a gunsmith (after I have the barrel threaded of course)

There are plenty of brakes made which are self-install, like the APA or Heathen brakes. To enable this the ones I'm aware of have nuts so they can be locked in the appropriate position. Trade-off is you won't have the sleek contour of a custom installed brake. It personally doesn't bother me, I own a couple of Heathens.

I'm not overly concerned about having a sleek look. I just don't like those big bulky bolt on brakes.

I know what u mean about the bolt on brakes.... I put one on my Tikka. Ugly as sin but shoots like a dream. Lol. Will probably thread it after deer season and put an APA Little Bastard on it.

Why Don't you have a custom brake installed and timed at the same time you have a smith thread the barrel? The cost would be very minimal and the brake is cheaper than a self timed brake. Look at Muzzle Brakes and More they are sponsors here at LRH.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts