Rem 700 6.5 CM Hitting to the right

This is totally fine, its not my rifle HAHA. I was going to utilize the "man bun" suffix but held off since i was actually trying to help resolve a problem haha.
Yeah it can be frustrating getting a scope set up for LR. It's hard telling if it's off level or the tracking is off. In either case I've used the pencil marking method with good results. If turned the wrong way just reverse the turn and try again. A bubble level might be good also. I just did another scope of mine and am hitting true out to 1300 yards with my 308 Win PSS. I'd test farther but I think my loads are becoming unstable at 1350 or so due to my 1-12" twist.

This was one of his concerns, however neither of us knows how to determine if the holes were out of alignment with the centerline of the action. How do you do this?
Should be able to take a small speed square to front and rear edges of receiver and align....should be very obvious if they are not centered....

A colleague has a new Remington 700 in 6.5 CM. He has a picatinny rail with Vortex rings and a Vortex Diamondback scope. He has worked up hand loads and had the gun grouping well and zeroed at 100 yds. He backed up to 500 and still the gun was grouping well but was impacting about 5" to the right of center.

He removed the scope, rings and rail to check if everything was tight and seemingly aligned correctly. He reinstalled the rail and rings, lapped the rings and reinstalled the scope. Took it back out, re-zeroed it at 100, moved back to 500 with the exact same result.

I have never encountered this type of problem and really didn't have a direction to suggest, has anyone experienced this and if so what are the common things a person should be looking for?
What's the barrel twist

Should be able to take a small speed square to front and rear edges of receiver and align....should be very obvious if they are not centered....
Ok, so possibly remove the bolt and square off the back of the receiver? That sounds doable. Maybe a quality combo square would be long enough to check both front and rear holes at once.

It doesn't take much too move the bullet 5 in too the right , any cross wind , will have some effect on the bullet at 500 yds . A breeze will move the bullet 5 in at 500 yds , I don't think you have a problem ,
I could see this possibility, however the fact that it happened the exact same on 2 different outings is suspicious. I think he has a scope or mount issue.

A colleague has a new Remington 700 in 6.5 CM. He has a picatinny rail with Vortex rings and a Vortex Diamondback scope. He has worked up hand loads and had the gun grouping well and zeroed at 100 yds. He backed up to 500 and still the gun was grouping well but was impacting about 5" to the right of center.

He removed the scope, rings and rail to check if everything was tight and seemingly aligned correctly. He reinstalled the rail and rings, lapped the rings and reinstalled the scope. Took it back out, re-zeroed it at 100, moved back to 500 with the exact same result.

I have never encountered this type of problem and really didn't have a direction to suggest, has anyone experienced this and if so what are the common things a person should be looking for?
Study up on the (Coriolis effect)