Reloading TSX Bullets

blackco

Sorry folks but I suck at searching...I have a couple of boxes of Barnes TSX bullets, 53gr for a 22-250AI and a box of 85gr for a 6mmRem. If any of you have a load for either of these or someplace I can start it would be greatly appreciated.

Currently I have a great load for each of these guns using similar weight convential jacketed bullets. Can/should I start near there. I have never loaded a solid copper before and I don't know anything about it.

Thanks for any and all inputs.

the barnes manual has a section on reloading with x bullets. I never had much luck with accuracy from them till I read this. seat the bullets off the lands thirty to seventy thousanths. since then I have had excelent accuracy from them. ramshot "tac" is listed as a sugjested powder for the 22-250 and the 53 gr tsx start at 34 gr and work up. for the 6mm rem. and the 85gr tsx IMR4007ssc is the recomended powder 40.0 gr is the starting load. good luck and keep them off the lands.
Darrell

1. In loading TSX bullets, I routinely use a load found to be accurate with a jacketed lead bullet. You may need to test loading a grain or so on each side of that load to find the optimal load with that bullet.

2. I've found a crimp in the appropriate groove of a TSX bullet with a Lee Factory Crimp Die seems to favorably affect accuracy.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.