Reloading - Is it still really worth it?

I've been reloading now for 60 years. I wouldn't trade it for anything else. Changing my reloading gear at age 74 to petty much top end. I have got new equipment and still getting more presently. It's a labor of love. I have two boys the equipment will go too and they reload presently. So if you take care of it, it will last a life time. The biggest problem is theirs upgrades coming along all the time. Or, you learn a new trick, to improve your reloading and grouping requiring updating your equipment. To me it's worth every Pennie of it. So if it worth it, YES!

I think I have some 45 Colt brass
I have no use for.
I'll look when I get out the woods tonight.
Be aware: some very old Colt 45 brass is "balloon" manufacture. Might not be a problem for you, but my family are pack rats who never throw anything away.

I think you could make the same analogy regarding general aviation. Why buy a Cessna 172 and fly yourself around the countryside when you can just buy a ticket online and get a plane ride to anywhere in the world? Sometimes there is inherent satisfaction in doing a task yourself as opposed to others doing it for you. Self reliance has largely become a lost art in this country.
And sometimes we don't want to get on a plane with everyone else. We like to fly a different route 😁

I'm not sure how much money I save these days, especially given primer costs but never started to save money. For me, its all about the ability to customize a load and achieve accuracy for a specific gun that you almost never can get from factory loads. Its also a terrific excuse to "escape" for a few hours when needed :)

If ya'll haven't figured this out by now...the firearms industry should be treated like the stock market. It is fear driven, supply vs demand, ETC. Buy it cheap & stack it deep, buy low sell high, ETC. People crying right now about primers, and ammo, and components are way behind the curve. I'm sure there are members here engaged in the stock market and making more money than I could imagine, but they are the same ones to come here and be in desperation for components and ammunition. I began load development on two new cartridges these past few months and I'm not even worried about supply.

So, quit all the bellyaching. I wish I would have known about the gamestop stock incident. 10K would of had me 3.2 Mil. Well, I can't go buy that $347 stock for $18 now!
to late for me too to buy stocks...... the one I got they make me loose!!.. I guess I still have to work...