Redding competition die and Berger hybrids

QQQQQ

When using Redding competition seater die, just wondering what seater plug you guys are using for Berger hybrids, the one that came with the die or the VLD one you have to buy separate?

HMMMM. I never knew there was an issue using the die as it came from the factory. Never knew that there was an option for a seater made for the VLD's. I guess ignorance is truly bliss, as I have done"OK" in both 1000 BR and LR hunting!!

Tod

When using Redding competition seater die, just wondering what seater plug you guys are using for Berger hybrids, the one that came with the die or the VLD one you have to buy separate?
QUADE,
You should use the VLD seater stem IF the tip of the nose of the bullet contacts ( bottoms out) the base of the seater stem cavity.

QUADE,
You should use the VLD seater stem IF the tip of the nose of the bullet contacts ( bottoms out) the base of the seater stem cavity.

I have already bought the VLD seater but haven't checked the hybrid with the original(i was told I needed it so I bought it), if I have the vld seater already is there any reason not to use it, even if the original would have worked?

My pleasure sir! FYI you MAY want to go around the inside of the lip of the seater stem with some emery cloth in case there was a little edge left from the machining before you install it.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.