red hawk rifle/xlr chasi review

jasent

Received my rifle from redhawk last week.
Went with a xlr chasi with folding setup. It supports a rem700 SPS varmint in 243 win with 26" varmint contour barrel.

Craig from red hawk was very helpful with all my Q's before I ordered the rifle. During the order he forgot to tell me that the 26" barrel I wanted would not fit in the XLR case, so he called me back and offered a larger case for half off if I want it.
went with a timeney trigger and Tubbs firing pin.

First impression was wow! This thing looks great. After adjusting it it felt great! The hand grip is rubberized and has a great palm swell that fits my hand nicely and lines up my finger to the trigger squarely. Cheek weld has a soft yet thin foam pad that is comfortable to lay your cheek on. I was skeptical of the forgrip being stout but it is very stout. No flex or give, and its length makes it nice with the my bi-pod.
Crown is perfect. Lugs look great. Square and smooth. After fire forming shoulders jumped .005" but brass was .002" under specs before ff. All other measurements are sammi
Worked up a load with 64gr Berger br column bullets and reloader17. Shot .256" 3 shot @100 yards at 3910avg fps. Then shot .625" at 200 yards. 3 min dial at 400 yards and 5min's put me dead center at 500. looking forward to tipping some coyote with this rig. Got it all painted up and ready to go this weekend

[URL="http://s407.photobucket.com/user/jasen_photos/media/Mobile%20Uploads/WP_000944.jpg.html"]

100 yard group before seating depth test

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.