Recommend a good 5.56 bolt action?

Ditto. I have one as well which is also a pretty good shooter. Got a load now 1/2 moa as well with 50grn nosler but varmints over varget
LGS has them on sale for $199. Great looking stock. Bought it because it was cheap then saw the reviews on the good accuracy later on.

Does anyone know if all the T3 X actions are the same? I know the barrels and stocks are different between models but is that it?
I know I want a shorter barrel but I can't decide if I want the lite or heavier barrel.

I own a TIKKA T3X CTR actions the same love them, but my choice for my 223 was the Savage model 12 VLP Stainless 26" heavy fluted !:7 twist barrel tack driver. Put in a Oryx chassis .

I ended up ordering a Tikka Varmint. They are threading the barrel and I'm going to drop it in the x-ray chassis from KRG and add the rail for my IR laser.

I'd like to get a Sako 85 varmint in 223. However in eastern Canada there hard to come by. For now I have the Rem 700 VLS 1:12 in Rem 223 & a Savage axis 1:9 in Rem 223. I might just re-barrel the Rem.

I'd like to get a Sako 85 varmint in 223. However in eastern Canada there hard to come by. For now I have the Rem 700 VLS 1:12 in Rem 223 & a Savage axis 1:9 in Rem 223. I might just re-barrel the Rem.
It seems like it's hard to come by 223 bolt guns here too. They stopped production/importation on several Tika models and the RPR. There were several ones I wanted but this was as close as I could get.

Attachments

• AE819B3C-2D93-465F-9049-39605CA2A337.jpeg
    AE819B3C-2D93-465F-9049-39605CA2A337.jpeg
    39 KB · Views: 106
I would grab a ruger american and drop it in a chassis of your choice. 8 twist, threaded barrel. Ones I have used have been accurate. Definitely under 1 MOA.
I agree the ruger American predator is super accurate for the price mount your scope with Burris PEPR mount use the Picatinny on top of the rings to mount NV

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.