Recoil Pads

Discussion in 'The Basics, Starting Out' started by KRob, Sep 18, 2005.

1. KRob

KRob Well-Known Member

I recently purchased a new rifle. I have always known that Savage puts all the money you spend on them into everything but the stock and i most definetly can feel it on this one. I Purchased a 300 win Savage 116. I gonna need to kill some recoil on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif. I am looking at a recoil pads and am ready for suggestions. Or any other ideas?

2. winmagman

winmagman Well-Known Member

robins
    I put a Pachmyr Triple Magnum(990 I think)on my Savage 300 WM and it made a world of difference, went from being able to shoot around 20 rounds at a session to over 50. Next to the aftermarket trigger it's the best thing I did to this gun.

3. 7Rumloader

7Rumloader Well-Known Member

Try the limbsavers. The one they make for Remington is great. It called the R3 on Rem rifles.

4. KRob

KRob Well-Known Member

Limbsaver and Descelarator are the ones that people have suggested to me. I am back at school now and dont have the rifle. Any ideas on how to get ones that will fit? I need it pronto to because season upons two weekends from now.

5. Boman

Boman Well-Known Member

Limbsaver lists all the prefit ones on their website. If they don't make one for your rifle. You can buy the Grind to fit model and put it on yourself with a belt sander or have a smith do it..

6. chain

chain Well-Known Member

I have a savage .300 win, it used to kick like a mule. I bought a Stockade Stock, from Kevin in Nebraska. It has a Limbsaver recoil pad on it. It is by far the best $$$ I have ever spent on a rifle. He makes the stocks to your desired LOP, I also got a mercury reducer in mine. It is like shooting a .270. I have his address somewhere but they are sold at Lock Sock and Barrel, if you call they will give you his phone number.

7. KRob

KRob Well-Known Member

I think that i will buy a stock. However how do you know if its going to fit my rifle?
    Here is what I've found "Bell and Carlson Carbelite Classic Stock Savage 110 Series Long Action Blind Magazine Composite"
    now is the 110Series going to work for 116. Additionaly blind magazine part does that mean internal or...? Confused someone please explain /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    Thanks

8. KRob

KRob Well-Known Member

Could you give me a little more info on the stock from Kevin.

9. Charles A

Charles A Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I think that i will buy a stock. However how do you know if its going to fit my rifle?
    Here is what I've found "Bell and Carlson Carbelite Classic Stock Savage 110 Series Long Action Blind Magazine Composite"
    now is the 110Series going to work for 116. Additionaly blind magazine part does that mean internal or...? Confused someone please explain /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Blind mag means internal, with no floorplate or detachable mag. As long as your 116 doesnt have a detachable mag it will work.

10. Okiehunter

Okiehunter Well-Known Member

The 3 digit models of Savage denotes long action and the 2 digit denotes short action. 110,112,116 are the same and like for the 10, 12, etc. I have had a limbsaver for about 2 yrs. now and I think it is the best I have ever used. Good luck.

11. chain

chain Well-Known Member

The stock from Kevin can be seen in the Lock Stock and Barrel catalogue. They have many variations, colors weights and styles. He talked to me on the phone and it seems he can do anything you essentially want, add weight, LOP, recoil pads. I think he specializes in Savage's.I can E mail his phone # if you like. Great stock.

12. KRob

KRob Well-Known Member

13. sewwhat89

sewwhat89 Well-Known Member

I have wore out the recoil pad on my 870 3.5" pump. Just replaced it with an R3 . . . WOW! Other companies make the same pads for different make guns. For about $40, may be the best add-on for the money to help your shooting. I like the heavy recoil, but it sure is a lot more pleasant to shoot 150 3.5" mags with a R3 pad!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

14. william101

william101 Well-Known Member

Kick-ez and limbsavers are the best IMHO then the decelerator by pachmayr in that order