Browning Recoil Pad

DONTSTROKEME

I have a Browning A-bolt with a wood stock and am trying to take the factory pad off and I think that it is glued on. Anyone on here know how to get them off??? Heat? Cut it? Don't want to hurt the wood so I figured that I would ask on here.

Joe Oakes

Should be secured by 2 wood screws through the pad. Take a close look, the rubber may have sealed up the holes.

JD338

I've got an a-bolt also, although mine is synthetic stock. You should see 2 shallow depressions in the pad where the screws are located. With mine I cut through that area with a utility knife. Once cut through I was able to easily remove the two screws.

same thing here no screws . and no soft spots in the pad . is a wood stock different ?

should be screwed on you want a large philips screwdriver vasoline or grease the shaft, the holes will be about 1-1.5 inches from the edge. can you post a picture of the butpad?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.