Recoil 7mm vs 300wm

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by marketello, Jan 14, 2005.

1. marketello

marketello Well-Known Member

I have shot a 30-06, and a 7MM, and to me it seemed the 7MM kicked quit a bit harder. I read an artical that indicated the 7MM kicked just a little harder than an 06.
    Which would you say is closer to the truth, my experience or the artical? I realize it could have just been the 7mm I was shooting (stock Ruger M77) might have had a poor factory recoil pad.
    Now lets compare the 7MM with the 300wm. I have never shot a 300wm before, but looking at balistics am I right in assuming the 300 will punch me in the shoulder quite a bit more than a 7MM?

Thank you.

2. Brown Dog

Brown Dog Writers Guild

Greenhorn,

Assuming you're talking of 7mm rem mag;

I can give you the -purely subjective- view a pal and I share regarding 7rem mag vs 300wm recoil. We both own identical Sauer 202s. His is 7 Rem mag, mine is 300 win mag.
    When his is loaded with 175s and mine is loaded with 180s, we both agree that the 7 is far less pleasant to shoot - a much sharper kick. Don't know why /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. tsriemer

tsriemer New Member

4. marketello

Great link, thank you.

5. 270bdl

270bdl Well-Known Member

The smaller caliber has a higher recoil velocity

6. tsriemer

tsriemer New Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Great link, thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about the recoil on the .577 tyrano(t-rex) or the .700 nitro? You couldn't pay me to sqeeze off on either one!

7. marketello

Then think about those old timers who shot some of those bastards with steel buttplates.