300 Win Mag recoil...Ruger vs Remington?

Lrdchaos

I just sold my Ruger m77 mark2 300 Win Mag. I liked the gun but for bench shooting it was a hammer with the skeleton stock. I just bought a Remington Sendero 2 from the classifieds. Anyone have an idea of the recoil comparisons? I have heard the s2 was very manageable, but would like real world information. Thank you

I just sold my Ruger m77 mark2 300 Win Mag. I liked the gun but for bench shooting it was a hammer with the skeleton stock. I just bought a Remington Sendero 2 from the classifieds. Anyone have an idea of the recoil comparisons? I have heard the s2 was very manageable, but would like real world information. Thank you

I have one in .338 Win Mag and it significantly improved with a simple change in stock ...

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f22/ruger-m77-mkii-facelift-range-report-40952/

I thought about just doing that. I was in need of a new optic as well, so I just sold the rifle and scope and bought a complete new setup. I thought a new stock would probably help. Something with a wider pad so all the recoil wasn't kicked back into a 1 inch wide area.

I have....I will put one on this rifle if I don't like how it feels. I know it makes them extremely loud which is fine. I probably won't be hunting with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.