rebarreling a mauser

I checked it with inside thread micrometer & outside micrometer to see the difference in major & minor of threads against action versus barrel
So..... are each the major diameter (o.d.) and minor (root) oversize by .004"...???
Measure threads per inch (tpi)

Check out 4D reamer rentals, Fred Zeglin rents Mauser taps and dies for both large and small ring actions. He's also got some good how to videos

I have a WWII 8MM Mauser that I rebarreled and customized. I did it in a 257 AI. The barrel is a number 8 from ER Shaw who also installed it and trued the receiver. They did a fantastic job. A German gunsmith redid my bolt handle and I had him install a European style double set trigger. Stock is custom laminate in a desert sunset color. I put a Vortex scope on it and it shoots half inch groups all day long. Only complaint if you can call it that is that the bolt action is very sloppy. Not a bad thing for cold northern winters and having to deal with snow and ice. My buddy in Tx borrowed the gun for hog hunting. He said he has never shot a more accurate gun with little to no recoil and loves it death.

Do you mean this fellow? I've heard good things about his tap and die kits.

Do you mean this fellow? I've heard good things about his tap and die kits.

That's the gentleman I purchased the die (only) from. I purchased the tap from Brownell's.

I'm very pleased with both tools. I also have a slightly customized cutter from Dave Manson that I use to face off and cut back the receiver - a receiver ring cutter. I had Dave install a bushing in the cutter so it will run on his action indicating rod vs. on a piloted tap. Makes it a more universal tool. Works great.