Real world velocity in 300WM and 28" barrel

That really gives me warm fuzzies! my little brother and I are building a couple and so far the rifles we have built I think this is the only caliber we have agreed on lol The Sierra bullets are easier to come by in our area but the reading I've been doing the 215 and 230 Berger's when I get this thing together I may have to order a few and just give them a go! the H1000 seems to be the ticket but I'm hoping to burn up the 7# of Retumbo I have :) believe it or not my last 243 loved that powder! not a screamer but dang it took a long time to heat up the barrel.

I appreciate the info! Later,

Kirk

Save the 230's for bigger cases only about 2775 to 2800 in a 300 win. The ticket in a 300 win is the 215 Berger. The reason I prefer the 215 over the 210 or others is the velocity gain with the shorter bearing surface, and the epic expansion in game way way out there.

Norman OK, Hmmm set a track record in a door slammer there once.

Jeff

I'm not in Norman anymore but only about 10 miles North of there. Track record and door slammer doesn't sound like the cheap hobby lol I played with a truck for awhile and I finally said I have to stop! 12.05 was as fast as I could afford to go :D too many cool hobbies and not a **** one of them is anything most would call cheap.

I had read about some folks shooting the 230 Berger but never found any real world load data for it so the main reason I was going with the thought of the 210gr bullets, good BC and not shabby velocity. Later,

Kirk

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.