Ready to step up to progressive press

rocky_lange

I don't want this thread to be about Dillon vs RCBS vs Lee vs Hornady etc.

I am looking at the Lee LoadMaster. Most of what I will be reloading is picked up range brass in 9mm, 40 S&W and 45 ACP for resale. Yes, I am aware that I will need an FFL to manufacture ammo.
How well does the case feed and the bullet feed work?
Is it easy to switch to rifle calibers?
From my research on the case feeder, I am led to believe that it does not work with rifle brass. Is this true?

I will still reload my 30-378 rounds in the single stage so I can hand weigh each charge (my powder dispenser can't throw a large enough charge).

Rocky

Cant help too much, but a friend has been using the Lee for years and he got no feeding problems. he was shooting some thousands rounds per week.

With that said, I like the Dillon better.

With that said, I like the Dillon better.
Hornady's got their deal where you buy a load of bullets and they throw in an AP (or something like that). It's a pretty good press, too. Case feeder's expensive, though.

I've seen opinions on both sides regarding the LoadMaster. Good luck. I'm not a fan of Lee equipment.

I don't want this thread to be about Dillon vs RCBS vs Lee vs Hornady etc.

I am looking at the Lee LoadMaster. Most of what I will be reloading is picked up range brass in 9mm, 40 S&W and 45 ACP for resale. Yes, I am aware that I will need an FFL to manufacture ammo. Rocky

If you're going to be reloading for resale just get the best press you can. In my opinion that will be a Dillon. If you will be loading a lot, look at the 1050. Expensive, but what's your time worth. I just wouldn't bother with a Lee. I like their dies but that's about it.

light bulb BTW, having you looked into liability insurance for your reloading business? One bad load and you're homeless.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.