Ready to load brass

I find it really interesting. the Aussie thinks Norma, a Swedish made brass, makes Nosler. Since Nosler brass is made in Washington state (USA) and Nosler company owns Silver State Armory (SSA brass), also made in Washington State. Nosler and SSA brass come in the same bulk and boxed amounts. I seem to find fallacy in the Aussie's thinking/assertion.
Nosler comes in bulk (un-prepped brass) in bags of 250, 100, or 50 depending on caliber, and in 100, 50, and 25 count boxes (prepped) depending on caliber. they guarantee 1/2 grain maximum spread between lightest and heaviest piece in the box.

I have bought both prepped and un prepped Nosler brass. I find the un-prepped almost not worth prepping but it does need a little cleaning up from time to time. All in all, a wonderful brass to start with.

8FE33774-FB88-4700-94BF-9412E15642B3.png
The last time I looked Nosler was in Bend Oregon

Nosler is bases out of Bend Oregon.

I believe two or three years ago they opened a facility in Redmond Oregon where they took some machinery from their Bend facility and also from Silver State Armory after it was refurbished on the facility in Bend.

I dont know what happened with the Silver State Armory facility

It's a known fact that Nosler used to have Norma make and stamp some of their brass. Heck even John Haviland wrote about it in (Handloader or Rifle magazine) for an article about touring the Norma facility. Nosler also procured it from other sources.
however, as noted, since purchasing SSA Nosler has been manufacturing more of their own head stamped brass.
In the end, everyone can be right, and wrong, depending on when the brass was made and who made it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts