Ready to load brass

LVJ76

The one thing I dread is prepping brass for reloading, one I am not a fan of it and two I do not have the time for it. So my questions is, what brand has it's brass ready to load, that does not need to be trimmed, chambered and deburred.

TIA

Totally false!

Nosler brass is just Norma brass with Nosler headstamp & packaging.
So what is the spread of weights in a box of 50 Nosler then??

Lapua has the records on the scoreboard :D

Nosler is the only brand that has had all that work done, including deburring the flash hole. It is also weight sorted.
I use norma in one caliber I load for, have for years. If they weight sort its news to me, they have the widest weight variances I encounter. Lapua is much closer in weight spread, I use it in another caliber and have less work weight sorting. Now norma deburring is a fact but done rather roughly, I had to look at 10 cases to find one that was really done well, now before you think this guy is biased against norma, no I'm not at all. I use a hundred batch a year of both brands, but I'm honestly telling you what I see looking into each brand under good light with magnification. The lapua is straight thru with no rough edges or chamfer of any type, the norma is definitely chamfered inside but I could do better with a deburring tool. My cuts are more uniform and don't vary from one case to another like they do. Now does that mean you have to work on either brand to reload them? No, only anal people like myself would find fault, if you read my posts on here in thread on deburring, uniformity is very important to me. No differences shot to shot, I deburr everything to get that uniform chamfer on the inside. I will continue to do both brands for this reason, I just went downstairs and looked at 10 new cases of each to make these statements, since I deburr both I never really looked at them stock to see the difference. I'm sure for the average loader either is great right out of the box for primer flash holes. The weight however is quite a bit different comparing the two, I've known this for years of using both. Concerning nosler brass I have no knowledge of its origin and don't care to use it for myself, when I started reloading nosler wasn't a gleam in anyones eye and norma and lapua were the brands to use. Lot of new brands around now but won't change from what works for me to work up a new load. Dave
So my questions is, what brand has it's brass ready to load, that does not need to be trimmed, chambered and deburred.
OK all brass should have necks checked for any problems from handling, all brass should be checked for length and any long ones trimmed, I think you mean chamfered in question and as said above you can probably ignore it if in reference to flash holes but you should inner and outer chamfer case necks for bullet seating. I see people just buy it and load it but I have to check certain things, just the way I am. Dave

Last edited:
ALL are prepped for you

Wow never looked in to nosler brass, seems for sure they don't make it, only claim to prep it inhouse for length and weight and full length sizing. They carefully say a 'group' of manufacturers make it for them as in more than one. Norma, Winchester, Federal, and Remington names are thrown around online, who knows? Seems a good bet for zero prep but not for me however.

Last edited:
Wow never looked in to nosler brass, seems for sure they don't make it, only claim to prep it inhouse for length and weight and full length sizing. They carefully say a 'group' of manufacturers make it for them as in more than one. Norma, Winchester, Federal, and Remington names are thrown around online, who knows? Seems a good bet for zero prep however.
Nosler bought Silver State Armory which made David Tubbs 6xc brass for him. It was very hard and uniform. I know the Nosler magnums are made from it but I do not know how many other cartridges have been turned over to SSA brass. The sorted and prepped Winchester was for most varmint and 06 based and Norma (no longer used) was used for magnum and wsm. IDK if the Winchester brass is still in use by Nosler I would think it is.

Alpha Manufacturing
ADG

two other US brass manufacturers that need nothing done. Just load and shoot!
I've looked at both lines but 7mm-08 and 22-250 are both not produced good looking companies but don't make what I would want.
Nosler bought Silver State Armory which made David Tubbs 6xc brass for him. It was very hard and uniform. I know the Nosler magnums are made from it but I do not know how many other cartridges have been turned over to SSA brass. The sorted and prepped Winchester was for most varmint and 06 based and Norma (no longer used) was used for magnum and wsm. IDK if the Winchester brass is still in use by Nosler I would think it is.
That's quite a different group of suppliers. That would explain why you see complaints that someone will be using their product and happy when suddenly the weight changes drastically next purchase and effects their load. Saw that recently on this forum. I would never use their brass for that reason and the fact I enjoy prepping my own brass and wouldn't want that to change that either. Do love some of their bullets though.

I've looked at both lines but 7mm-08 and 22-250 are both not produced good looking companies but don't make what I would want.
That's quite a different group of suppliers. That would explain why you see complaints that someone will be using their product and happy when suddenly the weight changes drastically next purchase and effects their load. Saw that recently on this forum. I would never use their brass for that reason and the fact I enjoy prepping my own brass and wouldn't want that to change that either. Do love some of their bullets though.
Peterson has select brass in 7mm08 This is an upgrade from their match brass. I've only used the match brass. In the 6.5 creedmoor it was very easy to get single digit es with multiple powders. I had 6es with RL 26 8es with 4955 and 8es with 100V for 10rnds, 5rnds for the other 2. It has less volume than others so it will pressure faster. I ran 2855fps 147eldm without issue in a 24" stock savage. .4 grains less yesterday in a 26" bart ran 2894 with the 3 shots having 2 at 2894 and the last at 2893. This was leftover from the other gun and not worked up to see how it would shoot. Was 7/8" but had some vertical I think is firing pin induced. I'll find out next trip to the range
I don't see 22-250 listed but I think they did make it at one time

The one thing I dread is prepping brass for reloading, one I am not a fan of it and two I do not have the time for it. So my questions is, what brand has it's brass ready to load, that does not need to be trimmed, chambered and deburred.

TIA
I have had real good luck with Peterson brass but limited caliber options

Thanks guys. I need 7mm-08 and 7mm Rem Mag. Peterson has the select for the 7mm-08 but don't see that they carry the 7mm Rem Mag, so provably go Peterson for the '08 and with Nosler for the Mag.

Agaon thanks all for your help

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.