RCBS Uniflow Powder Measure

Utah Shotgunner

Were the older Uniflows "better" than the later ones?

I picked up an Uniflow that I suspect is from the '50's or '60's last weekend. Still in its original box, it doesn't look like it has ever been used. Unlike the later ones, this one is grey in color with a clear (unstained) plastic hopper and a metal lid. Also the case adaptors/funnels are metal instead of plastic. It has both large and small cavities and the bracket for mounting on the press.

I have a later Uniflow that I have used for 15 years and I still have the original box for it.

One of them will end up on Ebay and if one is better than the other, I'll keep the "better" one.

Thanks,

Mike

PS Kind of cool to stumble on this old unused stuff. A Forster Case Trimmer (in the box), Harris Bipod and a bunch of other misc. stuff all in two boxes bought at auction

IMG_0620.jpg

I would keep them both. I have two of the later Uniflows. One with the small tube and one set of for the large volume guns. That way I don't have to take it apart to change from liitle guns to big ones. This gray one looks to have a small hopper. It would be perfect for the smaller rigs like 223 or 22-250 where you not throwing over 50 grains of powder. If you were to start tossing 80+ grain loads with that small hopper it would run out really quick.

Hired Gun,

You make a good point. I load for some smaller rounds such as the TCU's and .223.

I think I will hold on to both for a while. Ebay was screwed up last night and wouldn't load the "Sell" page. If it had worked it would have been listed already!

Heck, I basically got it for free, why not keep it and add to the clutter...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

OK, give me a justification to keep two Forster Case Trimmers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Set one up as an outside neck turner... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

D*mn, you guys are good! I got by with so little equipment for so many years I don't think about it.

My original Forster is currently set up as a neck turner. No more converting it. Great idea!

I took the cover off my Dillon 650 for the first time in five years last night. Pulled down a bunch of .308 that won't chamber in my current rifle and will be putting it back to use soon!

Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.