RCBS Uniflow Powder measure sticking

MT257

I have an RCBS Uniflow Powder measurer, and as of lately when dispensing a charge it seems a bit sticky. Would it be ok to add a few drops of gun oil to help lubricate it to lose the stickiness? Or would that affect anything? TIA

Define sticky. Why is it sticky? Dirt? Rust? If it needs any kind of lube (it shouldn't), powdered graphite would be a better plan than oil. Do you knock knock on the upstroke & again on the downstroke?

I would say on the upstroke it has tightened up, where as it used to be silky smooth. I do knock on both up and downstroke. I cannot see any sort of rust or debris in there. Is there a way to disassemble it to clean it?

Yes. The older models came with large & small rotors to be used interchangably for rifle or pistol.

Unscrew the knurled lock nut from micrometer all the way off. Loosen & completely remove the 3/4" hex nut from the mic. screw next. Push the mic. screw up into the hopper & carefully slide the rotor out of the body. Scotch-brite should remove any dirt or roughness unless it's too badly rusted. You want to polish, not remove metal. Clean it thoroughly with brake clean or the like (no oil residue). Gently & elegantly (no reason to force anything) reassemble in reverse to the above order dry or with a little graphite.

Smokeless powder has minuscule amounts of graphite mixed with it so that should keep everything lubed unless it sits in a damp place for months between use. I hear RCBS has great customer warranty service if all else fails.

I took it apart(never had taken it apart or knew it came apart). Wiped all parts down with a clean rag, reassembled and now operates silky smooth. Thanks for the help.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.