RCBS Gold Metal Match Seating Die

seedsntrees

Hello,

RE: 7mm-08

Has anyone checked the run-out using this seating die compared to a Forster Competition or Redding die run-out?

Nice feature of the window drop for the bullet, but I don't know about run-out for long range performance.

Thanks,

Mark

Anyone Using This Seating Die?

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Yesterday I ordered an RCBS Competition Seater Die. RCBS #37338. It also has the drop in cut out for the bullet, but don't think it is the Gold Medal you are asking about. Hoping to get more consistent seating with this die. How is yours working out?

B

Well, I have not purchased it as of yet.

I load 280AI, 284 Win and the 7mm-08. There are six of us in our hunting group that shoot the 7mm-08, all are using different bullets and weights.

The adjustable micrometer would be handy for sure.

The Gold Metal Match caught my eye for it is very similar to the Ponsness Warren.

Great feature to drop the bullet in the side window, I love it.

Regards,

I have looked at that one as well but have not tried one yet. I just purchased a Redding die set for my 26 Nosler and it is spot on with the markings. You can seat a bullet, measure and lets say you want .005 deeper, make the adjustment on the die and its dead on. Very happy with it. I will get another for my .338 Lapua. That's what I was originally going to get the RCBS one for, but I got the 26 before I ordered the die for the .338 and they didn't have one available for 26 so got the Redding. Glad I did works awesome. I found that it helps to sort your bullets prior to loading by length to the ogive and do them in batches so you can adjust your die accordingly. You should get very consistent results this way with a quality die.

MASH,

You are spot on about the OAL of the bullet.

I'm going with the Gold Match since I have several bullet weights & brands to load.

I will love that micrometer for OAL and I surely do appreciate the window. I have one already and love them.

Thanks,

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.