Rattled in GIANT and still is onešŸ¤¬

So it gets better. Tonight back at farm hunting different spot again in hedgerow off small swamp. About 6:00 I hear branches breaking and although I can't see him, he is growling, snort wheezing, guttural grunts really deep. Doe crosses in front of me at 30, go to full draw knowing whatever is there is going follow. So instead of just walking casually by he is at full throttle to cut her off. Different buck but bigger. Chases her out into cut corn and stays away out in field. Another shooter I think from this morning comes in from other side. Then several more does and 6 more bucks come into field and it becomes a chaseathon.! Of course nowhere near me. Never heard so much snort wheezing, growling and grunting as I did tonight. Right after dark, I was quietly trying to pack up and sneak out when a nice buck comes up edge and makes a scrape 10 yards from me after dark. He was on hind legs slashing overhead branches, growling scraping and peeing in it. Never in my life seen or heard anything like this. He saw something out in field and took off after it. I quickly backed out other side of hedgerow and walked out with red light.

It was one of the most fun ever had deer hunting ever!
Muddy...you chewing on those pain killers like they are bubble gum? Slow em down ....sounds like you be hallucinating! But still a great story!

Muddy and I had a conversation about himself and all you bow hunters just 2 nights ago. I told him God only gave man just so few virtues and if he wanted to waste one on Patience well that was his choice! Bow hunters.. you have my total ADMIRATION! As for me...I'm like one of the two buzzards sitting in tree where the one buzzard (me) looks at the other (Muddyboots)and says " PATIENCE MY ARSE! IM GOING TO GO KILL SOMETHING "

"OMG that was fun beyond belief! He left me shaking for 10 minutes!"

Thisā˜ļø This is why we bow hunters do it!
For me, shooting a deer/elk at 500to1000 yards is mechanicalI. still love to do it, but I've more or less put it on hold while I chase the adrenaline rush of close encounter bow hunting.
Coming to full draw on a mature ANYTHING at a distance that you're certain they can hear your heart pounding is mental.

Muddy and I had a conversation about himself and all you bow hunters just 2 nights ago. I told him God only gave man just so few virtues and if he wanted to waste one on Patience well that was his choice! Bow hunters.. you have my total ADMIRATION! As for me...I'm like one of the two buzzards sitting in tree where the one buzzard (me) looks at the other (Muddyboots)and says " PATIENCE MY ARSE! IM GOING TO GO KILL SOMETHING "
I love that poster. Saw it around 45 years ago and this is the first time I've heard anyone reference it since then. I have more patience now. :)

Went out or hobbled out (Footdrop) a couple of days ago and was able to put an arrow (bolt) through an 8 point at 43 yards. There were three 8 pointers, a 7 pointer and numerous smaller bucks chasing a bunch of does around in the fieldā€¦epic afternoon.
Funny how pain and other health problems just fade away when in the woods. Its life natural healing at its best. Its the best "organic" pain med out there. Really happy for your "success" at both!

"OMG that was fun beyond belief! He left me shaking for 10 minutes!"

Thisā˜ļø This is why we bow hunters do it!
For me, shooting a deer/elk at 500to1000 yards is mechanicalI. still love to do it, but I've more or less put it on hold while I chase the adrenaline rush of close encounter bow hunting.
Coming to full draw on a mature ANYTHING at a distance that you're certain they can hear your heart pounding is mental.
Whatever's in season is what I hunt! Be it bow, rifle, etcā€¦. I get the same rush. My rifle SpeedGoat hunt this year and having to crawl 200 yards on my hands and knees to get into a shooting situation was very exciting and gave me that sense of heart pounding intensity.

I went to check and see if my wheat was up with the wife this morning and way out at one end a nice 8 wanders right across in front of my shooting berm. I rarely see bucks at my place so I was happy that he looked big bodied next to that full size steel silhouette. Opening morning I'll be wearing the same colors as that steel plate. I figure if I stand still he might mistake me for the plate. I may just start setting up plates at all my favorite hunting spots and leave them year round.

Went out or hobbled out (Footdrop) a couple of days ago and was able to put an arrow (bolt) through an 8 point at 43 yards. There were three 8 pointers, a 7 pointer and numerous smaller bucks chasing a bunch of does around in the fieldā€¦epic afternoon.
Are you on the same meds as Muddyboots per chance?.šŸ¤£