Rattled in GIANT and still is onešŸ¤¬

Muddyboots

Hunting on ground hunting hedgerows in IN farm. Did rattle sequence about 9 thus morning with grunt snort wheeze. An absolute GIANT 8 with at least 12-14" G2's and G3's not much smaller steps out 52 yards. Maybe 18-20" spread. Would not commit to follow hedgerow that he was on since I believe he could not see what was causing the fight. Turned around and went back in, soft grunted and he returned. Never closed inside 52 yards. After 10 crazy nerve wracking minutes, he slowly turned back into the hedgerow. OMG that was fun beyond belief! He left me shaking for 10 minutes! He was gorgeous! Bet well over 200 dressed. When you get one of these big boys to come in, they can unravel anybody!

In 11th grade i had a similar thing happen. Biggest body buck I've ever seen. His neck hung down with saggy belly. 150 inch 8pt. He tried to circle down wind but the bulldozing pile prevented him from doing so. He poked his head out and looked down the cut at 17 steps... when he didn't see anything he trotted off. Oh to have a decoy... he would have walked past at 5 yards. So fun.

So it gets better. Tonight back at farm hunting different spot again in hedgerow off small swamp. About 6:00 I hear branches breaking and although I can't see him, he is growling, snort wheezing, guttural grunts really deep. Doe crosses in front of me at 30, go to full draw knowing whatever is there is going follow. So instead of just walking casually by he is at full throttle to cut her off. Different buck but bigger. Chases her out into cut corn and stays away out in field. Another shooter I think from this morning comes in from other side. Then several more does and 6 more bucks come into field and it becomes a chaseathon.! Of course nowhere near me. Never heard so much snort wheezing, growling and grunting as I did tonight. Right after dark, I was quietly trying to pack up and sneak out when a nice buck comes up edge and makes a scrape 10 yards from me after dark. He was on hind legs slashing overhead branches, growling scraping and peeing in it. Never in my life seen or heard anything like this. He saw something out in field and took off after it. I quickly backed out other side of hedgerow and walked out with red light.

It was one of the most fun ever had deer hunting ever!

Last edited:
I went out looking for bipedal critter...didnt see any....
But I saw a really big muley...at 1700yds...2500-3000' higher....
Special hunt...november hunt...only 5 tags entire unit....
Just so happened a guy driving down road had one of these tags...but didn't have the physical ability to climb the hill and shoot that bruiser....but he got good pics thru his spotter and phone....buck even had flyers...the 'Midas Touch'...