One More Year , I Hope!

Totally disagree with the statement. I have been a bow hunter close to 50 years and just recently had to go to a crossbow…Why? because health issues and age made that decision for me.

I LOVE hunting, which is my passion and that is the only method I can use to keep me in the field during archery season. So, please don't turn your nose up at folks who are HAVING to use them. Who knows maybe you will be there someday too.
I'm not turning my nose up to anyone. I know that day is coming for me also. Just saying it won't be the same. I like hunting a lot. But I love my bow. Shoot it every chance I get.

As hunters we have to stick together or we could lose it all. That goes for traditional bow,compound,crossbow, or firearm.

The crossbow will be an option and in fact I have been shopping to replace my current one with one that has crank cocking device, uncocking, and good trigger. Care less about speed. They are all fast enough. Noise is also a factor. My Stryker 380 sounded like a .22 short going off until I swapped out arrows to FMJ's, added limb savers to split limbs, changed out string dampeners, adjusted string stop for better noise absorption. Still noisier than worse vertical bow but a lot better. Any crossbow I look at needs to be a lot quieter than what I see from friends crossbows.

But I have some time since I can pull bow back but wanted to start early to collect data for decision.

I'm getting a knee replacement later part of February. My left knee has been trashed for years . I've had both scoped . About two months ago all the sudden my left knee said that's it. Pain was bad. Last year walking downhill was painful even with knee brace and walking sticks. I got x rays and inside knee is total bone on bone. Got a cortisone/steroid shot. Didn't help at all. I've had them in shoulder, knees, hip, elbow for Years. All left side. 4 years of football, 15 years of motocross, wrecks, accidents, etc. caught up. I'm 65.

View attachment 395388
You likely had a torn medial meniscus from any of your fun times. When you get to bone on bone like you are on the inside part of the joint, there is not much else that can be done besides knee replacement.

I see you are in Wyoming. If you are in the southwestern part of the state I would be happy to give you the name of the orthopedic surgeon that did my knees. He is in SLC.

hey im sorry to hear about everyones shoulder problems, count yourselves lucky you can hunt with bows and crossbows, here in the UK we are not allowed to use them to hunt with, you could not even kill a rat with them without a hefty fine just target shooting crazy hey, you cant even possess a broad head. stay safe you guys

You likely had a torn medial meniscus from any of your fun times. When you get to bone on bone like you are on the inside part of the joint, there is not much else that can be done besides knee replacement.

I see you are in Wyoming. If you are in the southwestern part of the state I would be happy to give you the name of the orthopedic surgeon that did my knees. He is in SLC.
Thank you very much for info. I'm in north west area
I have an orthopedic surgeon lined here I have used. Yes, both scopes we're medial maniscus tears. My left knee has been going down hill since 2009. I have an rifle elk hunt in Az. coming up at end of Nov..I can't get another shot within 6 months if going to do surgery. I'm going to try to hang until close to hunt to get a Duralane shot (synthetic rooster comb). I had the real one in 2012. Didn't help much. They say the synthetic is 80%. I just started Medicare so now I'm getting everything done I've waited for since 2019 with no insurance. Who knows, maybe I'll get left should repaired after 17 yrs. !