Rangefinders

bigbrother

I've seen mention of Leica military lazers in several posts. What exactly are these and how does the average fellow get one? Or are they not available to general public? I'm assuming you're not talking about the LRF models. Also, does anyone know appx. how much one should pay for one? Thanks for the help in advance.

I've seen the combination Extended Long Range LRF / Binoculars / Compass that you are talking about. If memory serves, its called the model 6000. (?) and is priced at around $10,000.00 US.
shocked.gif

The reason that it is a restricted LEO / Military item is because it's laser in not an "eye safe" type, and Federal law prohibits same form being sold over the open market. So the only way to get one is to enlist or become a police officer.

For about $3,000.00, Leica sells their Geovids, and those you can have. Nice equipment too! Can range targets to 1,000 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.