Rangefinders with Ballistic Apps

I use Leica Geovid Pro. Has AB Basic built it for out to 850m (this is due to legal reasons in Europe and you will find this to be the "baseline limit" on Euro brands) but you can upgrade the software license to the version that goes out to 2500m if you need to for an additional $150.

A few things that I will say about the Leica is that the app is straight forward and simple to understand without needing to go deeply into a bunch of menus. It pairs easily, quickly, and reconnects flawlessly in my experience after waking up from sleep mode. It pairs nicely with BaseMap Pro app and Kestrels which gives access to their live tracks mode that places waypoints in Google Maps/BaseMap for easier tracking of animal recovery. I believe you can range 3 or 5 range points that save to the app automatically (so say where the animal was shot, last place seen, and another landmark for reference). They are a bit pricy if you can't get a discount (several vendors offer veteran discounts) but even with a discount they were slightly more than your $1500 budget.

Even still with the simplified app integration, the accuracy and speed of the laser (which a lot of companies market a lot of BS when it comes to how far they can actually range an animal), and taking the experience of the company in doing lasers/commercial geospatial systems it's a company of trust to get these things right.

Obviously if budget is THE biggest concern and you can't swing it then I understand. It's something to consider for those that may be a bit more technically challenged and may have apprehension with using an app. At a minimum I'd suggest downloading the apps for all the companies that you're considering and have a look around if possibly before purchasing. This is likely going to be a part of the equation… even with rangefinder that don't require as much fiddling with the app. You'll probably need to use it to sync your optics, input your profiles/data, and register your optics initially at a minimum.

Just my advice from a person that chose Leica last summer over the Swaro based on usability. Glass was more or less equal but the Geovid Pro was a noticeable step up in optical quality for me compared to the old Geovid. Most rangefinding binoculars are usually a step behind most pure binos. The Swaro and the Geovid Pro are the only ones that I've liked through that I didn't feel was the case as it applies to having "alpha glass" quality if that matters to you.
Does your Leica actually work with the BaseMap app to range points and mark them on BaseMap? The remote marking function? Because it doesn't work for anybody using Sig lasers and BaseMap.

I was looking at the Sig Kilo3k. does anyone know it I can upgrade the AB app and use an android phone?

Does your Leica actually work with the BaseMap app to range points and mark them on BaseMap? The remote marking function? Because it doesn't work for anybody using Sig lasers and BaseMap.
It does.

Sometimes there can be error by 10-15 yds but a lot of that actually has to do with civilian software and GPS error as well. I would also question human factors because the binos do have to be calibrated (the whole "figure 8" processes and whatnot).

In my trials though they've worked pretty accurately. I've used it for birding too since I actually missed all of hunting season last year due to work. I've read about some issues with the Sig and I don't know if the issue lies with the bino, the software api, the phone version, the app, or what.

FWIW I'm on an iPhone, I was using the current BaseMap Pro version at the time which I have no idea of FW version at the time, and Leica works closely with Apple on the camera side so it's possible they have some tools or "secret sauce" to it working with iPhone. I can't speak to the reliability with Android personally.