Rangefinders with Ballistic Apps

I am electronically challenged and have resisted this for some time but as I continue to get older it's obvious that I need to start learning things.
Even with a rangefinder with ballistic solutions will it be easier?Do I still need to use an app on my phone?
I have looked at the Kestrel but thought it was mostly for weather but hearing it has a ballistic solution part also.
Thanks in advance for any help

For the money, some of the used BR-2's that pop up for sale I would jump on. I like the BR-2 over the BR-4 because I am able to hold it and range way out there because of the body size. The BR-4 is tough to hold without a tripod way out there, however I am sure guys have some tricks. The BR-4 has more precise wind, does Coriolis, and spin drift. I generally use the BR-2 for elevation solutions, and shooters app for the windage, spin drift, and coriolis solution. The BR-2 only gives 90 degree wind angles in increments of 5mph. At least the generation I have does. However if I wasn't using Shooter App for the left and right solutions, the BR-4 would be the only way to go. Another nice thing with the BR products, is the customer service. Had an issue one time, shipped it in, fixed and returned no questions asked. JMO.

Not a range finder, but you can Bluetooth a range finder to a Kestrel that has a program.
The Vortex Fury 5000 binos with applied ballistics, can also connects to a Kestrel, but do not have to to operate.
I am electronically challenged and have resisted this for some time but as I continue to get older it's obvious that I need to start learning things.
Even with a rangefinder with ballistic solutions will it be easier?Do I still need to use an app on my phone?
I have looked at the Kestrel but thought it was mostly for weather but hearing it has a ballistic solution part also.
Thanks in advance for any help
The app controls all the settings and allows you to edit or input different rifles, but once set up, you do not need the phone to operate the binoculars

Sig kilo5k comes with AB out to 800 yds, ranges very well and fast out to 2k, illuminated reticle is nice if comparing to bushnell 1800.
Pair with sig scope for illuminated hold over, pair with kestral elite if you want to go over 800 yds. Price point of $600ish buy once/cry once, but it's more of sweaty eyes vs tears.

Anyone done a recent apples to apples comparisons? I mean like ranging a critter, not just a big piece of steel or hay bale at a range? I now years ago you could have a Bushnell or nikon 800 and you could barely range a real live critter at 300-400 after a minutes worth of attempts. Then I got a leica 1200 and 400-600 was instantaneous on a critter. Now a geovid is really nice casually glassing and ranging, but doesn't come close to the br2 beyond 600-700. For me at a range setting during the middle of the day just about anything works, but what does it do in a real life, heat of the moment, need to shoot a critter in the shadows and you might only have seconds?