Smartphone ballistic apps

I have been useing strelok+ on my droid you can get strelok for free but if you pay for it you get more,I really like mine but I havent tried shooter yet im going to buy it right now and compare the two.

quick question i am getting new phone sunday once you get the ballistics app does that enable the phone to read temp-barometric-etc... I have been reading on the phones to see if they do that type of feature. very new to this, appreciate the help. thanks

quick question i am getting new phone sunday once you get the ballistics app does that enable the phone to read temp-barometric-etc... I have been reading on the phones to see if they do that type of feature. very new to this, appreciate the help. thanks

Kinda, but not really... The smartphone itself doesn't actually read anything. What happens is the app "goes on the internet" and downloads the information from the nearest weather station. This can be a handy feature, as you don't have to look-up/measure/type all this in by hand. I personally don't use it, but to each his own.

Hope this helps.

-James

You have to have internet connection, which is why I believe he said yes. If you don't have service of any sort, net or phone, will not be able to get any information loaded from any source.

I don't use the feature personally. To many things change in my area. I use absolute barometric pressure from my kestrel or Leica, temp from either source or even from my truck if I am not hiking. I don't worry about temp changes unless the swing is beyond 20 degrees. It might be 25 when I leave the truck and 55 in the afternoon. I will input 35 and be dang close 80% of the day. If I have time when a shot op shows up I will input exact numbers, find the solution, shoot.

Good luck

How do you use it that way. I have I phone 4 w/shooter and it says searching for service or no service.And does not come up

You have to have a internet connection only if your having shooter populate station pressure, humidity wind, ect, however if you have a kestrel and use absoloute pressure as most do, no connection or service is needed. I put my phone in airplane mode when hunting to conserve batterry life. Im using s droid though so not sure if its the same with Iphone.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.