Range Report .300 SAUM LTR!!

TrpD345

I just got my .300 SAUM LTR back from Iron Brigade Armory. I took it out today to shoot it in and get ready for deer season. I was shooting 150 grain factory Remintgton Co-lokt Ultras. I shot it thru the chrony with an average velocity of 3027 fps. I was very pleased with accuracy. I was easily getting 1" groups and know that I could do better if I was trying harder and had more time. I am stepping down from a .300 Weatherby that was horrible on the shoulder and was no where near as accurate. This little LTR is suprisingly light on the shoulder. The gun weighs 10.5 lbs. I am planning on reloading in the near futur. I am hoping to find a very accurate round in the 150-165 range for deer and would also like a lighter bullet for the occasional ground hog, something under 150 grains if possible. If anyone can steer me in the right direction as far reloading recipies I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

150 gr Nosler Accubond 58 gr Varget 3110 fps in Model 7 (22" barrel)

I don't have a load worked up with the 165s. I have shot some 168s in a different 300 SAUM, but 175 smks shoot way better.

Stephen

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.