Ramshot poweder

RMHUNTER

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with ramshot hunter powder?
I am down to the scraps of my powder supply and thought I would try this in my 6.5 creedmoore. My big concern is how tempture sensitive is it?

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with ramshot hunter powder?
I am down to the scraps of my powder supply and thought I would try this in my 6.5 creedmoore. My big concern is how tempture sensitive is it?
Ramshot has been decent powder for me, but I don't use Hunter at present. Some say it's not bad as far as temp. sensitivity. I simply don't care about that in a powder for the most part as the other factors like air density and barrel stiffness in cold weather will make you change your drops anyway.

Ramshot has been decent powder for me, but I don't use Hunter at present. Some say it's not bad as far as temp. sensitivity. I simply don't care about that in a powder for the most part as the other factors like air density and barrel stiffness in cold weather will make you change your drops anyway.

Well said lefty... some folks get WAY too wrapped up in temp sensitivity... How many dozens of accuracy records does the RL line hold? :D

I use or have used Magnum, X-Terminator, Big Game, TAC & Silhouette.

I'm having great luck with Ramshot, giv'er a go & see for yourself.

t

I have used diffrant Ram Shot powders in sevral calibers. All have worked with no problems. The only one I currently useing hunter is in a 270wsm. Hunter did not work in my 308 but tac behind a 155 a max is very good.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.