Ramshot poweder

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by RMHUNTER, Apr 28, 2013.

1. RMHUNTER

RMHUNTER Member

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with ramshot hunter powder?
    I am down to the scraps of my powder supply and thought I would try this in my 6.5 creedmoore. My big concern is how tempture sensitive is it?

2. Lefty7mmstw

Lefty7mmstw Well-Known Member

Ramshot has been decent powder for me, but I don't use Hunter at present. Some say it's not bad as far as temp. sensitivity. I simply don't care about that in a powder for the most part as the other factors like air density and barrel stiffness in cold weather will make you change your drops anyway.

3. Outlaw6.0

Outlaw6.0 Well-Known Member

Well said lefty... some folks get WAY too wrapped up in temp sensitivity... How many dozens of accuracy records does the RL line hold? :D

I use or have used Magnum, X-Terminator, Big Game, TAC & Silhouette.

I'm having great luck with Ramshot, giv'er a go & see for yourself.

t

4. Joe King

Joe King Well-Known Member

I'm using it in my 22-250 with 53gr vmax. I never saw a difference in the middle of winter this year when I went to confirm things before going after the mutts:)

5. Korhil78

Korhil78 Well-Known Member

We have been using it with great success in the 260 Rem. I am sure that it would work great in the 6.5 creedmor as well.

6. wyomingblizzard

wyomingblizzard Well-Known Member

I have used diffrant Ram Shot powders in sevral calibers. All have worked with no problems. The only one I currently useing hunter is in a 270wsm. Hunter did not work in my 308 but tac behind a 155 a max is very good.