Questions on Huskemaw scopes...

cat_slayer

Central or West, Texas depending on the year
Huskemaw scopes - hands on review article

PUBLISHER'S EDIT:

In June, 2009 we will be publishing a hands-on review article on the Huskemaw scope written by long time LRH member, Ernie Bishop. Stay tuned!

And you can now buy this fine scope at the LRH Gear Shop

Ok so I've been seeing LOTS of stuff on tv for the Huskemaw optics... I like the way the turret works, but I looked at one yesterday at the Dallas safari club convention and wondered if anybody knew where these scopes are made and what yall think of them?

thanks, Jacob

Last edited by a moderator:
We will be publishing an objective review of one in a few weeks. Ernie Bishop will be writing it.

They are made in Japan by the same company that makes a lot of parts for various scopes, including Nightforce, Weaver tacticle, etc.

Derek is correct on what he said most scope parts are made in Japan and some in the Philippines and China. The Huskemaw scope works on the basis of the carftridge and load you are using for it but one must remember the variances altitude and barometric pressure bring to the equation table. You should also give the Wonder Optics scope in 4-14 x 50 a good look as you get a lot of bang for your hard earned $$ and they are about 1/4 the price you can see them at [email protected]. # 1-918-527-2407. talk to Mat Wonder himself you just may like what you hear.

gun)

The Huskemaw scope works on the basis of the carftridge and load you are using for it but one must remember the variances altitude and barometric pressure bring to the equation table.

The Huskemaw custom drop turret cap is included in the price but it is entirely optional as to whether you wish to use it. The scope comes packaged with a standard cap with 1/3 MOA clicks. Then you send them your drop data to have them make your own custom drop cap.

If you don't like that concept then just use the original cap. But it is VERY easy to adjust for most atmospheric conditon changes anyway.

I use the Kenton Industries cap for my Nightforce scopes and like then very much.

I have owned a Huskemaw scope since last January. While not an official review, my review is that I like it alot. Very simple to use, and quick. Having a turret set up for only one load is not a big deal, as once I develope a load that shoots good in my rifle, I don't change it. As far as changing for different elevations and atmospheric conditions, I did not find it to be a problem. My load data was established a 1000' elevation. Had a turret made for 9000' with temp of 35 degrees, 35 % humidity for an elk hunt this fall. Got to Utah, found a spot to check my turret, dead on out to 700 yards. I think it is a very good system and is a quick learning curve for someone to be able to extend their shooting distance . I find the optics to be very good also.
I am interested in what others have experienced with this scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.